There is no dearth of diet programs whether online or offline. Even if you limit your search to the world wide web only, you will still find an avalanche of diet programs. What is harder is finding a diet plan that would be ideal for your health, help you lose weight and not harm your body in any way. Believe me, finding the best weight loss program is like finding a pearl from the bottom of the ocean. But regardless of which diet program you chose, you will still need to follow the basics of dieting, otherwise you will never be able to lose weight. In this article, I will tell you about five basics of effective weight loss.
1. Metabolism is the key weight loss determinant: Always keep in mind that your body's metabolic rate is what will determine how much weight you will be able to lose at a given point of time. If your metabolic rate is high, you can lose a lot of weight even while at rest; on the other hand, if your metabolic rate is slow, then you should find ways to increases it. One way of speeding up your metabolism is by using weight loss pills and supplements.
2. Regular exercises are a must: Regardless of how strictly you follow your diet, if you lie idle all day sitting on your couch and watching your favorite TV program, how can you expect to shed those obstinate pounds? You should exercise regularly and never skip even a single workout session! If you are afraid of high intensity exercises such as cardio and resistance training, you can start with lighter aerobics. Aerobics will help you burn as much fat as cardio. If you cannot do exercises at all, regular walking alone will help you burn fat.
3. Don't lose it too quickly: I know that you are in a hurry to lose weight and fit yourself into one of your old jeans or bikinis, but you should never attempt to lose weight too fast. Ideally you should lose no more than 1 or 2 pounds per week. If you lose more than that then it can affect your health negatively. If you think you are losing weight too fast, you should immediately see a doctor.
4. Eat low fat foods only: I know that every weight loss expert has advised you the same thing, but allow me to reiterate that you should eat only those foods that have a low fat content. Eating fatty and junk foods will make your situation worse!
5. Work harder for hereditary obesity: Some people become overweight because of hereditary issues. If your parents were overweight then it is no wonder that you won't be any different. Also, people who suffer from hereditary obesity need to work harder than others in order to lose weight. This doesn't mean that you cannot lose weight at all; but you shouldn't expect yourself to become ultra slim like others.